Since 2009, our team has been working diligently to build a company that embraces passion and hard work focused on discovery and best-in-class products.
We are dedicated to creating best-in-class enzymes and live biotherapeutics through innovative research, open-minded conviction and passionate diligence.
Our vision is health care for and through the gut.
- Captozyme LLC is formed
- A0 patent filed
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase I Grant ($100K)
- SBIR Phase I Grant ($150K)
- Recipient of the Research Commercialization Matching Grant Program from the Institute for the Commercialization of Public Research ($50K)
- SBIR Phase II Grant ($1.3M)
- SBIR Phase II Grant ($1.0M)
- Proof of Principle Study conducted on A0 and Ox-1
- Toxicology study on Ox-1 conducted
- Proof of Principle Study conducted on Ox-1
- Ox-1 patent filed
- October 2016 - Captozyme secured Series A, $3.4 million to continue enzyme research.
- October 2016 - Captozyme converts to C corporation
- February 2017 - Captozyme was one of 20 companies, out of more than 100 applicants, to participate in the 2017 Florida Venture Capital Conference.
- February 2017 - Captozyme officially graduated from the University of Florida Innovation Hub, an incubator for start-up companies in the technology and biotechnology field.
- April 2017 - Captozyme opens their brand new 7,500 sq. ft. headquarters in Gainesville.
- June 2017 - Captozyme obtained self-affirmed Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) notification by an independent panel of experts following FDA safety criteria for Ox-1, an oxalate reducing enzyme ingredient.
- July 2017 - Named one of Florida’s 50 Companies to Watch by GrowFL in 2017.
- August 2017 - Ribbon cutting ceremony held for Captozyme's new 7,500 sq ft facility.
- September 2017 - One of Captozyme’s oxalate-reducing technologies, Ox-1, becomes the first oxalate-reducing enzyme ingredient launched to specialty retail in a dietary supplement product through its subsidiary Entring, LLC.
- December 2017 - Open Label, In-House Study conducted to Evaluate Efficacy of oxalate reducing enzyme ingredient, Ox-1, at Reducing Urinary Oxalate Levels.
- Captozyme initiates a Clinical Study of Nephure in healthy volunteers.
- September 2018 - First GMP batch of live biotherapeutics manufactured in Captozyme's client services division.
- September 2018 - Abstract on Reduction of Urinary Oxalate by Enzymatic Reduction of Dietary and Endogenous Oxalate accepted for presentation at the 2018 World Congress of Endourology in Paris.